Friday, August 7, 2015

Oregon My Oregon

So this past week, my cousins and I took a trek to Depoe Bay, Oregon.  It was absolutely stunning and I loved waking up to an ocean view.  I spent a profuse amount of time out on the balcony reading, resting, and enjoying the exceptional view.  Over the course of the week, we went to sea lion caves and lots of different beaches.  Also, we took lots of walks and I even took early morning jogs in the great fresh air!!
As I walked along one of the beaches with my cousin, we came to a point and realized that they were sand dunes, so we entertained ourselves by pulling each other down into the sand and running into the water.  I got a lot of sand in my camera, but thank goodness for an air compressor!
 This vacation has allowed me to test out my newly purchased, Polaroid Cube.  It is such a great camera, however I am very appreciative of the screen display on my Canon.  It will take some getting use to, but I think I can take it!  I highly recommend the camera because it is small, cute, and super easy to use.  To learn more, go to www.polaroidcube.com.
 While in Oregon, I definitely added it to my list of places to maybe live or go to college when I am older.  I love that there is foliage everywhere you look and that you still have access to the wonderful ocean.  I love the nautical style home too because it seems so fresh and good feeling.  I can not get over how cool it feels all day long, I love that so much.
 One of our vacation days was spent in a glassblowing studio where we went through a tutorial.  I can not give you a play by play, but what I can tell you is that lots of heat and tools make that masterpiece in the picture below.  I chose blue and white, while the pink swirls were my cousin, Meredith's idea.
On the way home we were hit by a distracted driver.  The accident totaled both cars, but luckily all of the passengers in each car were all okay.  It was so scary, but I am just glad that it wasn't worse.  After hours of waiting, we were able to get a taxi and eventually a rental car that would fit our whole party and lots of stuff.  So, cheers that we are all great.
I hope that your summer has been full of great fun like mine.  It is bittersweet to say that school starts again on Monday the tenth.  It will be great to be at a school, because it has been a while.  Have a great school year.  Floating down the river is on my agenda to conclude the summer.
Time to start setting the alarm, not sure how I feel about that.
Bye now





No comments:

Post a Comment