Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mexico Cruise

This past week, my family and I went on the Carnival Inspiration to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Baja Mexico.  It was the definition of fun and my first cruise.  I have never eaten so much food in my life.  There was an endless buffet with everything from hot chocolate to fro-yo to kinda gross pizza.  The view on the boat was gorgeous and then on land in Catalina.  Mexico was not all that much to look at though.  The performances were wonderful.  I love all the dancers and singers.  I actually think that it would be so cool to work on a cruise ship, something to add to the bucket list!!
For our shore excursion, we went on the Catalina zip-line eco tour.  It was so exhilerhating and made me love zip-lines SO much.   Our guides were super cool and absolutely hilarious.  They taught us all of these fun tricks to do like the superman, the jellyfish, and others.  I was so freaked out at the beginning, but in no time I was not even holding on.  I brought my GoPro Hero with me and got some good footage that I will post shortly.  The videos are pretty sweet because they are at such an amazing perspective.
Our Mexican excursion was a bus tour to the La Bufadora natural geyser blowhole.  Luckily the bus had a functioning air conditioner, hallelujah!!  It was really cool to see the way of life down there.  In certain aspects it is very similar, but then you feel bad for all of the privileges that their society lacks, that we seriously take for granted.
We did not really have a shopping list, but can I just say, all the salesman down there are attackers and we are their prey.  We wanted some of the usual souvenirs, but they literally attack you and try to force you to buy their product.  We just told them we would "come back" in order to save ourselves.  We had some deliciously real Mexican food at a restaurant that had a long metal slide which was also lots of fun.  The snakes were of a great nuance to me because I have a large ophidiophobia.  I ventured off to make a purchase of a brightly colored serape blanket and I absolutely love it.  I could not decide on one color, so I of course got a rainbow one.
The cruise ship was extraordinary, despite the rocky motion it seemed to have in the bathroom and in other odd, unique places.  The pool was rather small, however the water slides made up for it.   I just loved exploring the little world that the ship embodies.  It is quite amazing that such a thing exists in our world.  There are so many nooks and crannies that I am sure I missed.   For next time I guess.
I am now off to the Northern coast of Oregon with my cousin.  We shall indulge in another part of the great Pacific, learn to blow glass, and read books that are required of us through school.  Everything else, well we will just see. 


    



No comments:

Post a Comment